users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Missing port information -> serializer not found

From: Peter Harbo <pnh_at_WORLD.STD.COM>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 13:29:14 -0600

I think the problem is that we are not creating a jar. We are using
the ant target configuration file provided in the examples in the tutorial
to build a client and server and the install target to put these
into the tomcat classpath. We would not normally build with ant but
we wanted to get a back-of-envelope picture of what using JAX-RPC would be
like. People came back from Javaone and said JAX-RPC was supposed to offer
much better performance than Apache SOAP.

In addition we need to use some other classes and we are still figuring
out where to put these...