users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Missing port information -> serializer not found

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 19:30:13 -0700

Hi Peter,

This error message seem to indicate that Coordinate_SOAPSerializer did
not get bundled in your WAR file. You may want to check this class is
accessible to your Tomcat container.

Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.

Regards,
-Arun

Peter Harbo wrote:

>I have created an application which requires the default serializer
>generated by xrpcc but when I run it I get the error 'Missing port
>information' as a SOAP fault. The catalina.out log from tomcat
>tells me the SOAP Serializer is not found
>
>[ERROR] http - -caught throwable: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: edu/harvard/cd
>a/coords/Coordinate_SOAPSerializer
>
>so I assume this is what threw the error: I was able to install and verify
>the existence of the port.
>
>I think this should work. Does anyone have an idea what I can check, or
>is this a known bug?

There is only one me, I must live myself!
There is only one today, I must live itself!
http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html