users@jax-rpc.java.net

serializers/deserilaizers

From: Sudeep Chandran <novicedeveloper_at_REDIFFMAIL.COM>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 00:51:20 -0600

Hi

I have few user defined types for which I need to write custom serializers and deserializers. But since serializers/deserializers are not portable am afraid if the effort spent on writing them is waste.

Is there any way to write portable serializers/desrializers such that today I may use Apaches Axis and 2morrow I may decide to use Suns JAX-RPC and I can reuse these serilaizers/deserializers without any code change ?

Since shipping AXIS or SUNs JAX-RPC will have licensing problems(since the spec is not final) am afraid to getting locked using any of these.

Thanx
-Sudee