users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: RI bug?

From: Roberto Chinnici <Roberto.Chinnici_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 11:56:21 -0700

It's more than the examples in the SOAP 1.1 spec that are wrong, the prose itself
is quite explicit (section 4.1.1):

  "The SOAP encodingStyle global attribute can be used to indicate the serialization
  rules used in a SOAP message. This attribute MAY appear on any element [...]"

There are also several SOAP 1.1 implementations that put the encodingStyle attribute
on the envelope itself, just like ours does, so it seems that the SOAP 1.1 schema hasn't
been viewed as normative by many people.

Of course, our SOAP 1.2 implementation will do the right thing.

Thanks,
Roberto

--
Roberto Chinnici