users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Can we do JAXRPC in Transaction context

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:15:26 -0700

Hi Binildas,

Please refer to section 14.3.8. Transaction interoperability is an
optional feature in the JAX-RPC specification.

In your case, the service should provide some mechanism or call back
objects which may take care of rolling back the transaction if you are
unable to complete your client side transaction.

Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.

Regards,
-Arun

Binildas C. A. wrote:

> Can we do RPC using JAX-RPC in a Transaction Context. What I mean is:
>
> I have to avail a Credit updation service. And, depending upon the
> return value (0 for failure, and 1 for sucess) I have to do some
> updations in client side database. So far, no problem. But now, if I
> get a sucess from RPC and I am unable to complete my client side
> transaction, I assume the updation done in Credit updation service is
> not rolled back !!
>
> Is there a way to do this...
>
> Binildas C. A.
> India
> Tel : ++91 - 471 - 700080 (Extn. 4272)
> Fax : ++91 - 471 - 700078
> mailto:binildas_at_ibsplc.com
> http://www.ibsplc.com

There is only one me, I must live myself!
There is only one today, I must live itself!
http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html