users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Problems moving from EA1 to EA2

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:05:46 -0700

Hi Michael,

You can get the EA2 implementation of JAX-RPC either via Java XML Pack
or Java Web Services Developer Pack (JWSDP). You need to download and
install a separate Tomcat when using Java XML Pack. However JWSDP comes
bundled with a Tomcat container. When using JWSDP, you need to use that
Tomcat container only.

Regarding the exception that you are getting, did you try running the
samples that come bundled with JWSDP EA2 ? Let me know if you are able
to run the samples correctly and still facing problems with your
application.

Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.

Regards,
-Arun

YAWN,MICHAEL (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:

>Since I was having several problems, particularly in the use of DII,
>I tried updating from the EA1 release to EA2 to see if that resolved
>anything. Instead, I appear to have regressed quite a bit.
>
>1. First problem noticed: when the service starts up, I get errors in the
>Tomcat output window about log4j not being properly initialized. Are
>these warnings, or something I need to fix? I did have to change several
>of the jar files being packaged; for example, EA1 had log4j.jar, but EA2
>instead has commons-logging.jar.
>
>2. I did attempt to resolve #1 by downloading JWSDP, and using the
>Tomcat version bundled there, rather than my separately installed
>Tomcat 4.0.1. That does eliminate the log4j messages, but doesn't
>fix the real problem (#3 below)
>
>3. The major problem is that I can't make any method calls on my
>Stub object. I have a simple init() call that takes no parameters and
>returns nothing, it worked fine in EA1. On the EA2 build it fails with
>the following lengthy stack trace:
>
>jwork03 % test.sh
>before init
>javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Invalid Content-Type:text/html
> at
>com.sun.xml.messaging.soap.MessageImpl.verify(MessageImpl.java:159)
> at
>com.sun.xml.messaging.soap.MessageImpl.<init>(MessageImpl.java:91)
> at
>com.sun.xml.messaging.soap.MessageFactoryImpl.createMessage(MessageFa
>ctoryImpl.java:32)
> at
>com.sun.xml.rpc.client.http.HttpClientTransport.invoke(HttpClientTran
>sport.java:143)
> at
>com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StreamingSender._send(StreamingSender.java:64)
>
> at nfl.application.jaxrpc.JaxRpcStandingsIF_Stub.init(Unknown
>Source)
> at nfl.application.jaxrpc.Client.run(Unknown Source)
> at nfl.application.jaxrpc.Client.main(Unknown Source)
>java.rmi.RemoteException: HTTP transport error:
>javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Un
>able to internalize message; nested exception is:
> HTTP transport error: javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Unable to
>internaliz
>e message
>HTTP transport error: javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Unable to internalize
>messag
> at
>com.sun.xml.rpc.client.http.HttpClientTransport.invoke(HttpClientTran
>sport.java:176)
> at
>com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StreamingSender._send(StreamingSender.java:64)
>
> at nfl.application.jaxrpc.JaxRpcStandingsIF_Stub.init(Unknown
>Source)
> at nfl.application.jaxrpc.Client.run(Unknown Source)
> at nfl.application.jaxrpc.Client.main(Unknown Source)
>
>CAUSE:
>
>javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Unable to internalize message
> at
> [...]

There is only one me, I must live myself!
There is only one today, I must live itself!
http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html