users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Can interfaces thrown exceptions? (Other than RemoteException ?)

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:51:37 -0700

Hi Michael,

Please refer to JAX-RPC release notes at
http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/ea2/jaxrpc/ReleaseNotes.html.

Sspecific exceptions must have only one public constructor that has one argument.
The type of this constructor must match at least one method which has a name
that starts with get, takes no arguments, nd returns the same type as the
constructor. For example:

public class MyException extends Exception {

    private MyType type;

    public MyException(MyType type) {
        this.type = type;
    }

    public MyType getType() {
        return type;
    }
}

This limitation will be relaxed in the upcoming JAX-RPC release. Also,
Java Web Services Developer Pack EA2 is based on 0.7 version of JAX-RPC
specification. Please refer to 0.7 version of the specification for the
list of features in the JAX-RPC implementation.

Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.

Regards,
-Arun

YAWN,MICHAEL (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:

>OK, that makes sense. I'll avoid RuntimeException subclasses.
>
>But I get the same error if I just add Exception to my method
>signatures -- xrpcc reports 'java.lang.Exception not supported'.
>
>Any ideas? I've been working with the EA1 release, but just
>updated to EA2 to see if it would help with this and other
>problems I'm having. Doesn't seem to affect this one (haven't
>yet tried the others).
>
>Mike

There is only one me, I must live myself!
There is only one today, I must live itself!
http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html