users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: WSDL2RMI ???

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 18:33:20 -0800

Hi Barry,

See inline responses.

Barry Burd wrote:

> I must be missing something. I'm still getting the same error when I try
> 'ant install'.
>

> > Please look at
> >
> http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/ea2/tutorial/doc/JAXRPCxrpcc3.html#6494
> 1.
> > This part of the tutorial talks in detail about starting from a WSDL
> > document.
>
> I thought I copied the WSDL file from that document correctly. (See my
> original post.)

Starting from WSDL document, xrpcc tool generates only the stubs and
remote interface. Thus you need to implement this generated interface,
feed the interface/servant combination to xrpcc tool to generate other
relevant artifacts (_Tie, _COnfig.properties and other helper classes).
And finally deploy the service on the Tomcat container.

> > Feeding this file along with config.xml file to xrpcc tool will also
> > generate a remote interface for you. You can then implement this
> > interface and generate ties to deploy this web service.
>
> Do you mean that it will generate HelloIF.class, or is there something else
> that it should be generating?

Yes, it should generate a remote interface class. You may consider using
-keep switch in xrpcc options. This will keep the generated Java files
for your reference.

> > The typical usage of a WSDL document generated by xrpcc tool is to
> > expose the web service by publishing it's WSDL in a public registry.
> > Since the hello example demonstrates the JAX-RPC concepts, it is not
> > using the WSDL in that sense.
>
> Still, I should be able to use the WSDL file that's generated by xrpcc,
> right?

xrpcc will generate WSDL file when you are starting from remote
interface. If you are starting from a remote interface, then your
service should have been already deployed. I'm not sure how you are
generating this WSDL file.

> > After deploying your service, did you try verifying by specifying the
> > service endpoint in a browser ? It should show all the ports supported
> > by your service endpoint.
> >

> When I try verifying, I get the following errors:
> The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error) that
> prevented it from fulfilling this request.

This means that your service has not been deployed successfully. Can you
please list all the steps that you are following for deploying your
service ?

Regards,
-Arun

> [...]
> va:190)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 77)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:2
> 46)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 75)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:483)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2349)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180
> )
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 77)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.
> java:170)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 75)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:171
> )
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 75)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:483)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java
> :174)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 77)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:469)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> 75)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:483)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:
> 1029)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1140

There is only one me, I must live myself!
There is only one today, I must live itself!
http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html