users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: seperate server and client code

From: Dale Green <dale.green_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:57:11 -0800

Hi Isabelle,

In the EA2 version of the Java(tm) Web Services Tutorial,
my HelloWorld example will take the approach suggested
by Su. In summary, my build.xml file does this:

1. compiles HelloImpl & HelloIF,
   classes -> build/shared

2. runs xrpcc -server,
   classes -> build/server

3. packages contents of build/shared & build/server
   into a WAR file

4. runs xrpcc -client,
   classes -> build/client

5. packages the contents of build/shared & build/client
   into a JAR file

- Dale

>Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 06:20:02 -0700
>From: Su Zhang <su_ba_ru_at_HOTMAIL.COM>
>Subject: Re: [JAX-RPC] seperate server and client code
>To: JAXRPC-INTEREST_at_JAVA.SUN.COM
>
>Hi Isabelle,
>
>The xrpcc tool's "-server" option generates server-side files only. And its
"-client" option generates client-side classes only.