users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: JAX-RPC DII

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 11:17:27 -0800

Hi Holly,

We have a similar setup for one of our applications.

The two relevant things that are passed from the config file to the
xrpcc compiler are

- Location of the WSDL file
- Package name for generating the artifacts

You can have your WSDL(s) at a pre-defined location (say all the WSDLs
in a predefined directory) and then populate the template config file
with the relevant information after parsing the WSDL. However you dont
need to parse the WSDL if you want to generate the artifacts in default
package or same package always (in which case you can either leave the
packageName attribute blank or hardcode the package name in the template
file).

Hope that serves your need.

Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.

Regards,
-Arun

Holly Schinsky wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to ask a question about how exactly to use JAX-RPC DII, but don't think I've made my question clear.
>
> I have implemented an app that performs a UDDI inquiry and gets back a WSDL file from it. I then take the WSDL URI and parse the operation, parameters etc... out of it, and make a dynamic call to the service using Systinet's WASP DII. I am trying to find out if I can do the same using JAX-RPC DII. From what I've found, it seems as though a config file is needed to make a call, but I need to do it on the fly and not generate any files (stubs, config files or otherwise). I want to be able to make the call only using what I have from the WSDL.
>
> Can someone tell me if this can be done with JAX-RPC DII, and possibly give a code excerpt? The only code I've found is the dynamic hello program in the JWSDP, but some of the Call() parameters that are set (portTypeName) seem to be taken from some config file.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Holly

There is only one me, I must live myself!
There is only one today, I must live itself!
http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html