users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: want to expose some methodes of JAX-RPC on J2EE

From: Armond Avanes <armond333_at_YAHOO.COM>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 01:10:46 -0800

Hi Arun,

Here some while ago I did the same but with some
differences. The URL, you mentioned, was saying that
you need to copy some jar files to
%J2EE_HOME/lib/system. But it won't be fully portable
and you can't just easily deploy your EAR file on any
J2EE server. You need those jar files to copy every
time you deploy on a new J2EE server.

How about bundling those library files with EAR file
itself (actually inside WAR file)? I've gone that way
and it's working fine for me. I know it has its own
pros and cons. You have to copy all those jars every
time you deploy a new war/ear file.

Regards,
Armond

on J2EE

http://swjscmail1.java.sun.com/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0202&L=jaxrpc-
> interest&P=R21
> for details on how to deploy your JAX-RPC
application on a J2EE
> server.
>
> Hope that serves your need.
>
> Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.
>
> Regards,
> -Arun
>
> Dharmendra Sankhla wrote:
> >
> > hi all,
> >
> > if anyone tried to deploy a JAX-RPC serviceon j2EE
server.

> > Here is what I would like to do:
> >
> > I have a service developed using JAX-RPC and
> > running fine on TOMCAT.
> >
> > i want to use this service through j2EE.
> > means i want to expose those methods through
JAX-RPC
> > on j2EE server
> >
> > i have my JAXRPC service (war file) and don't know
how to deploy
> > this on
> j2EE
> >
> > if anyone is trying this problem then please give
ur valuable