users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: new JAX-RPC API (0.7)

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:31:52 -0800

Hi Su,

The Java Web Services Developer Pack on java.sun.com is compatible with
0.5 version of JAX-RPC spec and will only work with the jaxrpc-api.jar
bundled along with it.

The next version of JWSDP will be compatible with 0.7 version of the
spec. Please stay tuned for an announcement regarding the next release
of JWSDP.

Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.

Regards,
-Arun

Su Zhang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just downloaded the new JAX-RPC class files (jaxrpc-0_7-prd-api-class.zip), and replaced the jaxrpc-api.jar in the JWSDP_HOME\common\lib directory. However, after I updated my code to use the new JAX-RPC API, I got the following error message:
>
> Error occurred: Service cannot create Call object until a TypeRegistry has been set using setTypeMappingRegistry()
>
> This error occurs because I removed the service.setTypeMappingRegistry() from the old code, because the new Service Interface no longer supports this method. My question is how can I set the type mapping registry?
>
> The second problem I had is that if I use the ServiceFactory class in the new API to create a service:
>
> Service service = ServiceFactory.newInstance().createService( serviceName );
>
> I got the following error message:
>
> java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.xml.rpc.client.ServiceFactoryImpl
> at javax.xml.rpc.ServiceFactory.newInstance(ServiceFactory.java:57)
>
> Please help me!
>
> Thanks
> Su

There is only one me, I must live myself!
There is only one today, I must live itself!
http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html