users@jax-rpc.java.net

new JAX-RPC API (0.7)

From: Su Zhang <su_ba_ru_at_HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:35:00 -0700

Hi,

I just downloaded the new JAX-RPC class files (jaxrpc-0_7-prd-api-class.zip), and replaced the jaxrpc-api.jar in the JWSDP_HOME\common\lib directory. However, after I updated my code to use the new JAX-RPC API, I got the following error message:

Error occurred: Service cannot create Call object until a TypeRegistry has been set using setTypeMappingRegistry()

This error occurs because I removed the service.setTypeMappingRegistry() from the old code, because the new Service Interface no longer supports this method. My question is how can I set the type mapping registry?

The second problem I had is that if I use the ServiceFactory class in the new API to create a service:

Service service = ServiceFactory.newInstance().createService( serviceName );

I got the following error message:

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.xml.rpc.client.ServiceFactoryImpl
        at javax.xml.rpc.ServiceFactory.newInstance(ServiceFactory.java:57)

Please help me!

Thanks
Su