users@jax-rpc.java.net

Explicit Context

From: Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 18:10:53 +0100

Hi everyone,

I am currently getting into JAX-RPC for moving our WebService from
Apache SOAP to JWSDP. Foe our services, we need to handle some
state/context information, which we are currently doing by transmitting
soap-headers that include a token to identify the session which the
service endpoints can use from some infrastructure layer in the
underlying application.

The specification has an example about explicit context usage that uses
an additional argument of type javax.xml.rpc.holders.StringHolder and
states that this would be passed as a soap-header by the generated stub
code - at least, that is what I understand by reading section 11.2.2 of
the 0.6 specification.

I tried to build an example that is modelled after that example by
exposing a method that takes one String and one StringHolder parameter.
I defined the interface, build a dummy-implementation and then used
xrpcc to generate wsdl, stubs and ties. Unfortunatly xrpcc cannot handle
StringHolder - what am I missing?

   Thanks in advance,
   Lars

--
Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann_at_sun.com>               Sun Microsystems
Software Engineer - Sun ONE Webtop                       Sachsenfeld 4