dev@jax-rpc.java.net

Axis stubs vs JAX-RPC stubs

From: Yueh2k6 <Yueh4ever_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 16:22:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

   I'm new to Jax-RPC and I'm attempting to port my client code based on
Axis-generated stubs to that based on Jax-RPC.

The first notable difference is between

Axis : (org.apache.axis.client.Stub)

and
Jax-RPC: ( com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StubBase

in Axis, this stub class has an API called setTimeOut(), which is used to
set the wait period to connect to a webservice server.

In the Jax-RPC equivalent class com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StubBase, no such
method exists.

I think I'm getting some errors because my connection is getting timed out
and I'm unable to set the TimeOut period.

Is there a fix to the above problem? this question is urgent, any reply
would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ernie