users@javaserverfaces.java.net

JSF Lifecycle: RENDER_RESPONSE: Picked h:selectOneListbox values are overwrote in a method with a ValueChangeEvent

From: Todd Patrick <Todd.Patrick_at_dtn.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 15:48:31 -0500

Sun Java System Application Server Platform Edition 9.0_01 (build b02-p01) Sun's JavaServer Faces implementation (1.2_04-b10-p01) NetBeans 5.5.1 Managed Bean Scope: Request [Issue] I pass a request to a page. The page's h:selectOneListbox values are set in a: public void beforePhase(PhaseEvent event) { if(ObjectUtils.equals(event.getPhaseId(), PhaseId.RENDER_RESPONSE)){ ... } } So the list is: James Lars Kurt Rob And Kurt is the selected value based on the request. I have a method that has a ValueChangeEvent argument. The method works without any issues. I select James and it fires the method with the ValueChangeEvent argument, but the h:selectOneListbox goes back/stays selected to Kurt and does not select James. I think this is because of the check for the RENDER_RESPONSE phase. I need the beforePhase method to *initially* set the h:selectOneListbox correctly when the page is first loaded, so RENDER_RESPONSE condition is my only option here. How can I get the last step of having the value stay set to what the user selected in the h:selectOneListbox after the my ValueChangeEvent has happened? Thanks, --Todd ----------------------------------------- NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.