users@javaserverfaces.java.net

SJSAS : Application timeout happens, how do I redirect the user?

From: Todd Patrick <Todd.Patrick_at_dtn.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 15:54:42 -0500

Sun Java System Application Server Platform Edition 9.0_01 (build b02-p01) running on Solaris 10 Java EE 5 JSF 1.2 Use case: The user leaves the application open in their browser over night, the application times out. When the user returns in the morning and clicks on *any* link or button on the page - the user should be redirected to the application login page. 1.) I'm sure this was thought of, what do I use in the Java EE 5 API to accomplish this? 2.) Or, do I use a JSF Lifecycle PhaseListener? 3.) What really happens inside Sun Java System Application Server when an application times out? Thanks, --Todd ----------------------------------------- NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.