users@javaserverfaces.java.net

HtmlDataTable: UIData.setRow method question

From: Todd Patrick <Todd.Patrick_at_dtn.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 14:36:16 -0600

I believe I understand this, but I just want to make sure there isn't an easier way to accomplish this. I am trying to use the HtmlDataTable in the following matter: The Text and Value HtmlInputText are string values. Clicking on the "Add Row" button just adds one row below the current row - in which a user can enter another set of text and value pairs. Clicking on the "Save" button would save all of the data to the backing bean (I haven't figured out the best way to do this, but I am concerned with the following question at this point). (Oh, saving state and validation... I'll get there as well.) My thought is I believe I should use the UIData.setRow method to add the row? Looking at the HtmlInputText API, that seems like the right way too go... I have googled on this and found a lot of good information on building a HtmlDataTable in a backing bean, which is a great start and provides a path. But to accomplish what I've described above, I haven't seen any examples or information similar... I'd appreciate some thoughts as I am developing this. Thanks, --Todd ----------------------------------------- NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

image001.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: image001.jpg)