users@javaserverfaces.java.net

Can my idea be a custom JSF component?

From: Todd Patrick <Todd.Patrick_at_dtn.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 15:05:28 -0600

For my current project, I need to develop a component similar to the following: The Add Row button would add another row of Text and Value textfields below the current one. The Save button would change the textfields to read-only and write the values into the "variable1=value;variable2=value2;variable3=value3 ...." format and write the value into a hidden field of type String. The hidden field value is what I would pass to a Backing Bean, etc... To me, this doesn't extend any specific appropriate UIComponent class, matter of fact - this is a group of components made of two h:inputText components and two h:commandButton. Maybe this really isn't a true custom JSF component, even thought I'll use this so-called component in more than one place. However, at this point I don't see any benefits of going down the path of trying to make this a custom component, unless I am missing something. I'd appreciate any thoughts on the best way to handle the development of this. Thanks, --Todd ----------------------------------------- NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.