dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Re: Zhijun: Mojarra 2.3 AdminGUIIT test reemove _at_Ignore

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 00:41:37 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 11:02 PM, Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry but I'm not able to entertain that presently.

Well, I can always just take a look myself I guess. Just out of
curiosity to see if it happens to be something obvious.

> I would need more context to make a ruling and right now I'm in
> close-down mode to try to get an RI out for our EDR, even though it's
> not required by JCP rules. If you feel strongly about this one, it's
> probably going to have to be fixed with one of those odious context-params.

Strongly is a big word perhaps, but it does look like a spec
violation. Would not hurt to get that clarified; to be really sure
it's indeed a spec violation or not.

At ant length, it's clear that MyFaces does it differently; an
implicit object can never be overridden in MyFaces. In Mojarra this is
basically true as well, but sometimes it slips through so to speak (in
this case, when the value of the component is null).

That's a clear difference between Myfaces and Mojarra, which I think
is not good to have.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms