dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Heads Up: behavior change? Debatable.

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 07:09:55 -0700

Hello Team,

Stalwart community supporter BalusC applauded our fix for
JAVASERVERFACES-2440-RedirectParamEncoding, but lamented its
incompleteness.

  The fix is unfortunately not implemented in encodeBookmarkableURL()
  and encodePartialActionURL(). Also, the fix does not seem to be
  backported to 2.1.x. Is there any specific reason for this? I
  understood/assumed because of a JSF spec change, but after all I'm not
  seeing that anywhere.

I have filed issue JAVASERVERFACES-3015 to account for this.
Personally, this seems like a safe and desirable change but I wanted to
bring it to the group's attention before doing the work.

Any objections to doing what BalusC requests?

Ed