dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

is partial page rendering via jsf2/templating/ajax possible

From: <robert.walker_at_verizonwireless.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 16:50:20 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all, I have been trying for a few weeks to get partial page
rendering of a center content (not a whole page refresh) when clicking
links on the left menu/navigation in a uicomposition.

David Geary (coauthor of Core JSF 3rd edition) came to train a group
here at my work and it has stumped him, he suspects a bug but also
mentiond emails about an issue of ajax limitations in
updating/rendering.

I have gotten partial page refresh of center content to happen via ajax
when clicking left navigation links, but if that center content in
turns contains a h:form, and the for example
the h:form has a h:commandLink, clicking it the first time reveals the
javax.faces.ViewState=xyz param is not being sent to the server, so
apparently jsf does not know about this view. A second click works
because then the javax.faces.ViewState has been established.

I can provide a simple example is anyone is interested, or maybe I need
go over to the issues mailing list? Just joined this mailing list so I
appoligize if this is not appropiate to post.

thanks