dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

composite component issue

From: Saulius Adamonis <saulius.adamonis_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 17:36:05 +0200

Hi everybody!

I've been trying to develop an own composite-component in my JSF2.0
project but there are some mysterious problems I just can't figure out.

I did everything exactly as described in all the tutorials and books
about JSF, so I

1. created a namespace xmlns:ts="http://java.sun.com/jsf/composite/tscomp"
2. created the file loginPanel.xhtml (with the composite:interface and
composite:implementation stuff) in /web/resources/tscomp
3. put the tag <ts:loginPanel /> where I wanted the component to be
displayed

My IDE (Netbeans 6.8) recognizes the component and autocompletes it
while typing, so I guess there should be nothing wrong so far. But when
I deploy the project, nothing is being displayed at that place. In the
HTML-sourcecode you can still find the untouched
<ts:loginPanel></ts:loginPanel>-tag instead though.

the implementation of the component is just a pure text:

<composite:interface>
</composite:interface>

<composite:implementation>
   some text here.
</composite:implementation>

Does anybody maybe have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance and excuse me for my rather poor English!