dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Re: [JSF-API] ExternalContext

From: Jim Driscoll <Jim.Driscoll_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 10:01:17 -0700

Ryan Lubke wrote:
> Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>> Does that mean on the other hand that on work will go into JSF 1.2 for
>> maintaining as well?
>> Or is just the spec "closed" ?
>>
> The third maintenance release for 1.2 is in progress, but it's
> clarifications only, not new features/APIs. We tried adding new
> features for the first MR, but we couldn't due to TCK issues.

That's a general rule for all Java specs - API changes after the spec
goes final are very, very rare - because the end user of the API should
know what classes and methods are there by looking at the version number
- if you change things with the same version, the thought is that it can
be very confusing for the end user.

Jim