dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Announcement: Mojarra Scales Release Candidate 1

From: Jason Lee <jason_at_steeplesoft.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 12:43:28 -0500

I am pleased to announce the first release candidate of Mojarra Scales 1.0,
a new JSF component set. Mojarra Scales started out as the Sandbox for the
JSF RI (now known as Mojarra) and was recently promoted to its own
java.netproject. The component set includes a tab view, several menu
controls,
JavaScript charts, a multi-file upload control, the first (as far as we can
tell) free JSF rich text editor control, as well as several other visual
controls. Additionally, Scales offers a simple, easy to use pretty URL
component, allowing JSF applications to offer search engine-friendly "deep
links."

The home page for Mojarra Scales is at https://scales.dev.java.net, and the
RC bits, including a demo application, which shows the components used in
JSP, JSFTemplating and Facelets pages, can be found at
http://tinyurl.com/3u4doe The demo application can also be viewed online at
http://jsftemplating.org/mojarra-scales-demo. The jars will be available
via Maven as soon as we get some technical issues worked out.

As this is a release candidate, there are more than likely going to be
issues. If any are are found, or if you would like to file requests for
enhancements, please see the Scales issue tracker:
https://scales.dev.java.net/issues/.

The Scales architecture, based on JSFTemplating, makes it extremely easy to
add new components, so if there's something missing that you'd like to see,
please drop us a note, or, better yet get involved and submit a patch!

Real time support is often available during US business hours in
#jsftemplating and ##jsf on irc.freenode.net. Ask for jdlee.

--
Jason Lee, SCJP
Software Architect -- Objectstream, Inc.