dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Taglibs - Concurrency Issue #68

From: <jacob_at_hookom.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 19:48:01 +0100

I just downloaded the weekly build and was looking at Issue #68
(concurrency issues).

Some containers, as I know it, use tag pooling. They reset the Tag
objects by calling the "release()" method on them:

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/javax/servlet/jsp/tagext/Tag.html#release()

With the cool taglib generator that was written, I don't believe it
would be hard to implement releasing of tags across the board.
Currently, depending on the container, User A could set a bunch of
properties on the tag for her view, then User B could end up with those
same properties when the tag is used again in rendering his view.

-Jacob