users@javaserverfaces-spec-public.java.net

[jsr344-experts mirror] Let's get started on JSF 2.3

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 15:29:43 -0700

Hello JSF User Community,

I expect you've been wondering what's happening with JSF now that the
Java EE 8 survey has long since completed [1]. Wonder no more, it's
time to start work on JSF 2.3! Here is a proposal for the JSR text that
will very likely change before we file with JCP. [2]

We're going to use the same open and transparent process to develope JSF
2.3 as we have for every prior release since 1.2.

Finally, I'm happy to announce that long-time JSF community member
Manfred Riem will by my co-spec lead for this go-round.

Manfred and I both look forward to working with you all on JSF 2.3.

Sincerely,

Ed Burns
JSF Spec co-lead.

[1] https://blogs.oracle.com/ldemichiel/entry/results_from_the_java_ee