users@javaserverfaces-spec-public.java.net

[jsr344-experts mirror] [jsr344-experts] Re: [730-Flows] OutcomeTarget flow navigation

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 12:58:06 -0800

LU> Hi
LU> I have checked again the related parts to OutcomeTarget navigation and
LU> everything looks good but when you think about 2 chained ReturnNode
LU> things start to fail.

LU> Consider this use case:

LU> <faces-flow-definition id="flow2">
LU> <flow-return id="exit2">
LU> <navigation-case>
LU> <from-outcome>exit1</from-outcome>
LU> </navigation-case>
LU> </flow-return>
LU> </faces-flow-definition>
LU> <faces-flow-definition id="flow1">
LU> <flow-return id="exit1">
LU> <navigation-case>
LU> <from-outcome>mainpage</from-outcome>
LU> </navigation-case>
LU> </flow-return>
LU> </faces-flow-definition>

LU> Two flows, the user enters in flow1 first and then in flow2, but then
LU> the exit node is triggered. Following the algorithm proposed by
LU> OutcomeTarget navigation, when the final page before exit in flow2
LU> is rendered, getNavigationCase() is called, but the generated link
LU> requires exit from 2 flows. How to synthetize a link for this
LU> navigation? It is not possible becase you are using 2 query
LU> parameters, one for the flowId and other for the flowDocumentId, but
LU> the order is exit from two flows, so there should be two transition
LU> calls activated from FlowHandler.clientWindowTransition().

This is exactly the scenario of the testcase I shared with you, and it
does work. The automated test asserts that it works. Here's the flow
stack:

flow2
flow1
root

We are in flow2. We activate "exit2". It returns "exit1". Because the
system is specified to be operating in return mode during the time when
getNavigationCase() is being processed as a result of the render request
from the OutcomeTarget renderer, "exit1" is found within flow1. This
will look for a flow node named "mainpage".

Now, that "mainpage" *must* be within flow1. If it's not within flow1,
it will be a navigation that doesn't resolve correctly, which means we
will stay on the same page.

Leonardo, I think we should have a google hangout where I can step you
through the code. Will that work? It will have to be the week of March
11th because I am on vacation on from the 5th, returning to work on the
11th.

Ed