users@javaserverfaces-spec-public.java.net

[jsr344-experts mirror] [jsr344-experts] Re: PRD Review and pending issues (SwitchNode from-outcome and mixing everything together)

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 21:34:06 -0800

LU> My suggestion is add a method like this (a better name for the method
LU> is welcomed):

LU> public List<Flow> getFlowStack(FacesContext context)

LU> or create a class called FlowReference with two properties (flowId,
LU> flowDocumentId)
LU> and a method like this:

LU> public List<FlowReference> getFlowStack(FacesContext context)

LU> I like this more because you really want to make FlowReference serializable and
LU> store it into the session, so the other method requires the conversion between
LU> a FlowReference and a Flow.

I really didn't want to expose the whole flow stack. Instead, I went
with a modal solution, which is ok because the modality is contained to
the current client window, so even though the method is on the singleton
FlowHandler, the behavior is entirely taken from whatever the
current flow stack is.

LU> Ok, I'll keep an eye on any change related to this part. Thanks Ed for your
LU> attention in these details.

No, please, thank you. Your scrutiny is very essential.

Ed