users@javaserverfaces-spec-public.java.net

[jsr344-experts mirror] [jsr344-experts] Re: [1055-StatelessJSF] PROPOSAL

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 13:58:04 -0800

KM> +1 in general. With respect to @ViewScope, I think the spec should require
KM> a warning (I would prefer that it fail, actually.).

We'll stick with a FacesMessage warning in the page.

I just added a comment to the issue about this.

KM> Basically we're saying
KM> @ViewScope is incompatible with <f:view transient="true">, so why allow it
KM> at all? Silently changing the behavior is going to really annoy people --
KM> JSF does that enough :-).

Based on preliminary discussion between Manfred and Hanspeter, it seems
possible we can make @ViewScoped work with <f:view transient="true">,
but the work is too risky for this late stage.

Therefore, I'd rather stick with the warning now and remove the warning
than simply disable it.

I've filed JAVASERVERFACES-2761 to track this warning message, and
Manfred has agreed to implement it.

Ed