users@javaserverfaces-spec-public.java.net

[jsr344-experts mirror] [jsr344-experts] Re: PRD Review and pending issues (View Protection and Ajax)

From: Leonardo Uribe <lu4242_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 19:35:31 -0500

Hi

I finally created this issue:

http://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-1161

CSRF protection cannot be used "out of the box" without create a
custom component or override forcefully ExternalContext

I think we definitively need to fix it before 2.2, because looking the
feature as a whole, my impression is the code is just
incomplete/broken. The user will be forced to write the same code to
use it (create custom component for a link or button and optionally
override some ExternalContext method to append the query param. (how
to test it without do the previous steps?).

regards,

Leonardo Uribe