users@javaserverfaces-spec-public.java.net

[jsr344-experts mirror] [jsr344-experts] [730-FacesFlows] RESOLVED: redirects with Flows in 2.2 *are* allowed

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 08:04:51 -0800

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Andy Schwartz <andy.schwartz_at_oracle.com> wrote:

AS> Among other things, the post-redirect-get pattern can be useful for:

AS> 1. Ensuring that the location uri displayed by the browser stays in
AS> sync with the currently displayed content.

AS> 2. Avoiding form re-post warnings in response to back button
AS> activity.

AS> It is possible I am missing something, since I haven't actually read
AS> through the Faces Flows spec yet, but these seem generally important
AS> to me.

AS> What is the rationale for disallowing redirects within Faces Flows?

After this input, I have added spec text to ensure that Flows works with
<redirect />. This text is not in the public review draft, but it is in
the latest frame maker source. I wish we could automate generating the
PDF from Frame. FM10 apparently offers some scripting capability, but I
doubt it will be worth it to get it working at this point in the
lifecycle of the JSR.

Ed