users@javaserverfaces-spec-public.java.net

[jsr344-experts mirror] [jsr344-experts] Re: [949-ClientWindow] Allocation of Responsibilities

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 19:16:24 +0200

That is very true. We had to write a JavaScript "Auto-Save" feature
somewhat similar to what GMail offers based on WLP at a large Telco a few
years ago. There are some vague hints by BEA/Oracle how to do that, e.g.
"Portlet-ID" at runtime, but I can tell you even today with proper
JavaScript test and debugging tools (2007/8 it was still called "alert()"
for most parts[?]) that would be a hell of an effort and I agree with Neil
and Ed to prefer that on the server.

Werner

347.gif
(image/gif attachment: 347.gif)