users@javaserverfaces-spec-public.java.net

[jsr344-experts mirror] [jsr344-experts] Re: [996-ConfigurableResourcesDirectory] PROPOSAL

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 11:38:28 -0800

AS> One more context param attribute, with addition to dozens of others...
AS> You recall me my old idea to put all configuration options into single
AS> class, where each option has its own getter, with appropriate validation
AS> and defaults.
AS> It should read all options from context parameters in default
AS> implementation, or can be replaced in faces config by custom class.
AS> RichFaces has such class, and I saw similar in Mijarra implementation. Why
AS> do not move it into public ?

I'll bring this up to the Servlet EG, but before doing so, the idea
needs to be more concrete.

Is this idea a way to provided a java-based analog for context-param
entries?

How would the runtime identify the class?

How would the various specifications that want to define
context-param-like properties for this system declare the mapping
between context-param names and getter names?

We need to support the "fragment" concept introduced in Servlet 3.0,
does this idea support that concept?

What value does this provide over context-params in the web.xml?

Ed