[jsr372-experts] Re: Become a contributer

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 23:27:52 +0100

Hi,

We're indeed trying to make it (much) easier, but it's a bit of a journey
really.

To compile Mojarra, it's now a "mvn clean install" from the top level.

To test you need to extract a GlassFish or Payara into some folder, say
/opt/gf_for_mojarra_tests

Then in your settings.xml file in ~/.m2 put a profile like the following:

    <profile>
      <id>default</id>
      <activation>
          <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
      </activation>
      <properties>

<glassfish.cargo.home>/opt/gf-for-mojarra-tests</glassfish.cargo.home>

<glassfish.patch.home>/opt/gf-for-mojarra-tests</glassfish.patch.home>
      </properties>
   </profile>

Then from the top level of the Mojarra project do:

cd test
bin/run-tests.sh

That should run all tests against the GF or Payara server that you have
configured.

If you want to update a GF or Payara that you start up yourself, and
manually deploy JSF apps to it, you can use a little helper script like
this:

gf.up.sh

cp /Users/you/mojarra/impl/target/javax.faces-2.4.0-m01-SNAPSHOT.jar
/Users/you/payara-172/glassfish/modules/javax.faces.jar

rm -rf /Users/you/payara-171/glassfish/domains/domain1/osgi-cache/felix/

Adjust the paths for our own situation of course.

I was planning to work on an IDE deployer to update gf/payara and possibly
other servers, but haven't gotten around to that yet.

One thing I'd like to add is that Bauke and me are maybe putting in some
work now, but we're mostly building on the Maven migration Manfred started
a year or two ago. Without that work we would not be where we are today ;)

Kind regards,
Arjan