[jsr372-experts] Implementation of CDI not working? (was: Re: Draft of PDF)

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 08:21:03 -0800

MM> Hi,
MM> I tried some of the new features.

MM> Some month ago, I built an example app using CDI and other new features,
MM> which does not work anymore. Arjan told me, that the configuration has
MM> moved from the web.xml to a ConfigurationBean. But I can not find this
MM> within the PDF. Will an update be available soon?

AT> Note that ConfigurationBean is just an example, what matters is the
AT> annotation. Btw, which server did you tried? GlassFish or something else?

AT> The updated PDF should be made available shortly after the holiday season.
AT> We're now preparing to finalise several things, which I hope can be
AT> committed in the following few days.

I'm still catching up with email. Arjan, I haven't seen any suggested
content that needs to go into the PDF regarding this feature. If there
is such content, please send it to the list by close of business
tomorrow. I need some time to get the materials to the JCP for the
Public Review.

MM> GlassFish 5, Payara 4.1.1.164
MM> At both, I only replaced the java.faces.jar file.

AT> If you haven't done so already, you may wanna look into deleting the OSGi
AT> cache as well. Just replacing the javax.faxes.jar is okay, but you also
AT> need to delete said cache.

MM> I deleted the OSGI cache. I'm going to check m07.

So what's the latest on this. Michael can you confirm that things are
working as they did before from your end?

Thanks,

Ed