[jsr372-experts] Re: Draft of PDF

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 08:08:05 -0800

MM> "
MM> JavaServer

MM> Faces Specification
MM> Version 2.3
MM> Ed Burns and Manfred Riem editors
MM> See <https://jsf-spec.java.net/>
MM> to comment on and discuss this specification."

MM> The mentioned page (https://jsf-spec.java.net) mostly deals with JSF
MM> 2.2. Is it possible to update this page? Or create a 2.3 page?
MM> I like to help on this topic if desired, but I have no write access
MM> yet.

Great catch!

AT> It is something we should work on, but we do have to keep in mind that
AT> java.net is going to disappear soon and nobody yet knows where it's going
AT> to move to.

AT> The java.net pages are plain html, if you want to prepare a draft I can
AT> upload them. Thanks!

Thanks for the offer Arjan, but you have your hands full with other
stuff. I have granted Michael developer access to the project that
populates the website. Michael, you can

svn checkout https://svn.java.net/svn/javaserverfaces-spec-public~svn/trunk javaserverfaces-spec-public-trunk

The website content is in www, and the usual www/index.html is the page
that sits behind <http://jsf-spec.java.net/>.

I kindly ask you to please send diffs to the Manfred and I before you
commit them so I can review them. Normally I'd do this myself, but
considering the time pressure, and the "we put the C in JCP" message I
just delivered at the Executive Committee meeting, and how long I've
known you and worked with you, I feel ok granting access.

Also, make only minimal changes, don't change the style or anything. As
Arjan mentioned, this is going away soon, and it's in a maintenance
state now anyway.

Once we've reviewed your change and you've committed it, it will get
picked up and pushed to the website.

Thanks,

Ed