[jsr372-experts] JSF 2.3 integration with the Servlet 4.0 PushBuilder API

From: Neil Griffin <neil.griffin_at_portletfaces.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 16:11:04 -0500

Dear Friends of JSF,

In Ed's JavaOne 2016 presentation titled "Servlet 4 0 Status Update and HTTP 2 Comes to Java EE 8", he described a one-line change that would enable ExternalContext to integrate with the Servlet 4.0 PushBuilder API:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9HPLLXjGzI&index=46&list=PLPIzp-E1msrYicmovyeuOABO4HxVPlhEA&t=1620

I did a quick search in JIRA but couldn't find any mention of "PushBuilder":
https://java.net/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC%20AND%20text%20~%20PushBuilder

Since it seems like a quick win, can we get this done for JSF 2.3? BTW, someone was asking about it in the comments section of Arjan's blog:
http://arjan-tijms.omnifaces.org/p/jsf-23.html

Thanks,

Neil