[jsr372-experts] Re: JSF 2.3 integration with the Servlet 4.0 PushBuilder API

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 23:38:25 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 10:11 PM, Neil Griffin <neil.griffin_at_portletfaces.org
> wrote:

> Since it seems like a quick win, can we get this done for JSF 2.3? BTW,
> someone was asking about it in the comments section of Arjan's blog:
> http://arjan-tijms.omnifaces.org/p/jsf-23.html

I would have loved to, but just like the Servlet 4.0 "mapping API" we can't
program against something that's not there :(

Mojarra targets GlassFish, and GlassFish just didn't get updated with any
of the Servlet 4 new APIs. As time is running out very quickly now, it's
going to be difficult even if GlassFish implemented the new APIs tomorrow.
But there's still no news or indications when GlassFish will implement
Servlet 4.0 APIs.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms