[jsr372-experts] Re: [jsr372-experts mirror] Re: Re: Re: Re: [1433-UIInputRequiredTrue] PROPOSAL

From: Bauke Scholtz <balusc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 10:24:00 +0100

Hi,

I can understand that, but IMO it should be done the other way round: use
the flag to disable it. The default behavior should be the leading behavior
in all cases (the same applies to other 2.3 things like enabling CDI
resolver chain, by the way). If developers already take much effort to
upgrade to JSF 2.3, it should be a negligible effort to update web.xml to
disable JSF 2.3 specific features.

As to the <h:selectBooleanCheckbox required="true"> misbehavior, this
solution would fix
https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-1289.

Cheers, B