[jsr372-experts] Re: [jsr372-experts mirror] Re: Re: Re: Re: [1433-UIInputRequiredTrue] PROPOSAL

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 20:49:05 -0800

B> Hi,
B> For menus, radios and manycheckboxes, nothing will change as well. For
B> booleancheckbox, it will fix the unintuitive behavior of a required=true to
B> not have any effect.

Thanks for all the discussion on this. I'm very hesitant to make any
changes to something as fundamental as UIInput validation without an
opt-in, at this point in the JSF spec lifecycle. There are too many
products and libraries that depend on it to consider such a change
without very careful consideration.

I'll consider it, but at this point I am strongly in favor of putting
this behind an opt in flag.

Ed