[jsr372-experts] Heads Up: Last Call for JSF 2.3 Coming Soon

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 13:28:40 -0800

Hello Volunteers,

As Linda Demichiel stated in her Java EE 8 update talk at JavaOne [1],
and as you are all well aware, you all have achieved nearly all of what
we set out to achieve with new features for JSF 2.3.

These achievements include:

* Better CDI Integration (more injectable, deprecate old managed beans)

* WebSocket integration: <f:websocket> tag.

* Ajax Method Invocation

* Class Level Bean Validation

* Java Time Support

* UIData and UIRepeat improvements

This email is a quick heads up that we're now in the final stages of the
JSF 2.3 JSR and the last call for this round is coming soon. We'll
share a proposal for the dates for the remaining JCP milestones [1] in
the next few weeks, but in the mean time, consider this a heads up.
We'd like to have JSF 2.3 through JCP Final Release some time in the
first half of next year.

Thanks,

Ed

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th9faGLhQoM#t=12m40s