[jsr372-experts] Re: Please Help: Can someone help me get back up to speed?

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 00:04:59 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 11:46 PM, Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
wrote:

> Hello Volunteers,
>
> There has been a lot of water under the bridge, and a lot has been said
> and done about the whys and hows of Java EE 8. Perhaps the saying part
> of the story started with Josh's seminal blog post on the topic [1],
> continued with the rise of the Java EE Guardians, the proposal of
> Microprofile.io and not a few press articles throughout. I'm not at
> liberty to comment on any of that, but believe me, my long time
> association with JSF and passion for the community we've built here in
> the last twelve years make it impossible for me to not have opinions.

I can sure understand that. And twelve years, wow, not that many projects
which can claim that ;)

Since Arjan did such an
> awesome job with his JSF 2.2 updates,

Thanks!

> Arjan, if you don't have time to do it, let me know and I'll find some
> other way to come back up to speed.

I started doing the same style of updates here:
http://arjan-tijms.omnifaces.org/p/jsf-23.html

There's a few items here:
https://javaee8.zeef.com/arjan.tijms#block_12701_jsf-2-3

They're both a little behind as the JSR 375 work has been rather time
consuming too to say the least, but it should be enough to get you started
I hope. I'd planned to update the page in the next two weeks anyway.

Furthermore, there's an article from me in last month's Java Magazine,
which also goes into some detail about the work that's in progress:
http://www.javamagazine.mozaicreader.com/JulyAug2016#&pageSet=17&page=0

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms