[jsr372-experts] why PushContext cannot be obtained from FacesContext?

From: Leonardo Uribe <leonardo.uribe_at_irian.at>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 22:59:02 -0500

Hi

Looking at f:websocket tag (I'm trying to implement it for MyFaces), it
comes to my mind one simple question: why PushContext cannot be obtained
from FacesContext?

My reasoning is in JSF there is always a way to do certain things
programmatically. For example Application.evaluateExpressionGet(...) to get
beans using EL, but some new features seem to work only with CDI or maybe
rely too much on it.

The annotation syntax using @Inject and @Push is nice, but I'm suspicious
about why PushContext extends Serializable. I don't understand why extends
from this interface, or if this is necessary.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe