[jsr372-experts] Re: [jsr372-experts mirror] Deprecating types in javax.faces.bean package?

From: Paul Nicolucci <pnicoluc_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 15:41:12 -0400

+1

Regards,

Paul Nicolucci

From: Michael Müller <michael.mueller_at_mueller-bruehl.de>
To: jsr372-experts_at_javaserverfaces-spec-public.java.net
Date: 05/18/2016 03:40 PM
Subject: [jsr372-experts] Re: [jsr372-experts mirror] Deprecating types
            in javax.faces.bean package?

+99999 (at least)

This avoids a commonly Seen problem
--
Herzliche Grüße, best regards
Michael Müller
Am 18. Mai 2016 20:43:11 MESZ, schrieb arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>:
  Hi,
  As it's been clear for some time we're moving away from the JSF native
  managed bean facility, I'd like to propose deprecating all the types in
  the javax.faces.bean package via the @deprecated annotation and/or
  javadoc, and mention what the alternative is now.
  This would particularly be helpful with things like
  javax.faces.bean.RequestScoped
  vs  javax.enterprise.context.RequestScoped, where people not rarely
  import the wrong version.
  Thoughts?
  Kind regards,
  Arjan Tijms