[jsr372-experts] Re: [jsr372-experts mirror] Re: Re: [JAVASERVERFACES-SPEC_PUBLIC-1396] f:socket for SSE and WebSocket PROPOSAL

From: Bauke Scholtz <balusc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 16:08:03 +0100

Hi,

I have furher improved f:websocket:
- support for view scope as in scope="view", this makes it possible to send
the message only to the current view.
- explicitly close session and view scoped websockets when associated
session or view is expired in server side, to avoid stale websockets (this
opens a nice possibility: JavaScript code in <f:websocket onclose> can be
used to directly notify user about expired session or view).
- support for user target as in user="#{request.remoteUser}" or
user="#{someLoggedInUser.id}", this makes it possible to have an
user-targeted push via channelName.send(someMessageObject, recipientUserId).
- support for observable CDI events: @Opened WebsocketEvent and @Closed
WebsocketEvent.

I feel it's ready. Now only the test cases (and specification document?).
Detailed usage instructions can be found in javax.faces.push.Push javadoc.

Cheers, B