[jsr372-experts] Re: [jsr372-experts mirror] ui:repeat

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 15:27:00 +0100

Hi,

Interesting, indeed. There's quite an amount of issues in the spec tracker
that concern ui:repeat and the related h:dataTable. I planned to do a JSF
2.3 wishlist part II, but never came around to doing that.

See:

   - https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-236
   - UIData needs review on a couple of fronts
   https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-935
   - Alignment/extending of iterating ui components
   https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-963
   - Provide a component for iterating over hierarchical data
   https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-965
   - ui:repeat requires document "begin" and "end" properties
   https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-892
   - add "maxRepeats" attribute to ui:repeat.
   https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-1249
   - Add a styleClass attribute to h:column
   https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-217
   - Inconsistent column styles handling with h:dataTable
   https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-627
   - ui:repeat varStatus incompletely specified
   https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-609
   - Add rowStatePreserved property to UIRepeat, exactly the same as UIData
   https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-1263
   - UIData (and related classes) doesn't respect contract for UIComponent
   process https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-1120
   - UIRepeat supports Collection
   https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-1103
   - Add support for condition check like regular for-loop in ui:repeat
   https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-1102
   - Have DataModel implementations registerable
   https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-1078
   - h:datatable component to handle multiple entities lists
   https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-713
   - UIRepeat et al are not specified
   https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-704
   - Ajax inside a DataTable (getClientId append rowIndex)
   https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-865

Perhaps some of the inconsistencies Cagatay found are related to any of
those?

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms