[jsr372-experts] JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-1370 - DateTimeFormatter Not Applied

From: Josh Juneau <juneau001_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 06:58:44 -0600

I've had the opportunity to test out the new Java Date Time support in the
Mojarra Milestone 4 snapshot. I like the API quite a bit, whereby one can
choose which style of Date-Time that is used for conversion by specifying
the appropriate "type" attribute on the f:convertDateTime. Arjan does a
nice job of outlining the support in his post
http://arjan-tijms.omnifaces.org/p/jsf-23.html#1370.

However, I run into issues when I attempt to apply a pattern to the
conversion, as it does not apply the pattern during the conversion
process. I tested the f:convertDateTime against both the standard
java.util.Date and the LocalDate, and both seem to have the same effect in
that the specified pattern is not applied.

I will look at the sources when time allows, and I'll try to see if I can
determine why the DateTimeFormatter is not being applied appropriately.

Best

Josh Juneau
juneau001_at_gmail.com
http://jj-blogger.blogspot.com