[jsr372-experts] Re: Working towards Early Draft Review

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 14:15:41 -0700

Hello Experts,

Now is a good time for an update on where we are with respect to the
plan to release an EDR of our specification for in time for JavaOne.

EB> I'd like to take the opportunity presented by this blog post to sketch
EB> out a plan to have an Early Draft Review (EDR) of the specification
EB> available in time for JavaOne 2015. In my opinion, we need to specify
EB> the following features in order to have something worth calling an EDR:

EB> * Multi-component validation (perhaps this is just showing how to use
EB> Bean Validation correctly)

Ed Burns sent proposal to EG Tuesday, 22 September

EB> * Java SE 8 Date and Time support

Josh Juneau sent a proposal on 3 September. I have a question about
your reply on 3 Sept on the 1370-DateTimeAPI thread.

https://java.net/projects/javaserverfaces-spec-public/lists/jsr372-experts/archive/2015-09/message/25

Is the proposal essential to expand the set of allowable values for the
"type" attribute of <f:convertDateTime > to include

"localDate"
"localDateTime"
"localTime"
"offsetTime"
"offsetDateTime"

and nothing more?

EB> * f:socket tag

Discussion has stalled, but I think the proposal is good enough for EDR

EB> * Option to render our Ajax traffic using JSON

I'd like to drop this since we haven't made any progress.

EB> * Complete CDI alignment already in process

Arjan has been making great progress. Arjan, can you please share
status on this one?

EB> And in addition to that, we need to close out open issues on the mailing
EB> list.

Last call for those before EDR!

I'm going to suggest Manfred and I prepare the EDR draft of the spec to
share with the Servlet EG for the week of October 5th. Let's give
ourselves a week or so to discuss it and hand it to JCP at the end of
that week.

Thanks,

Ed