[jsr372-experts] Re: [jsr372-experts mirror] nicole JSF Javascript API

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 08:32:40 -0700

JJ> Kito-
JJ> I agree completely. The module approach is clear and easy to follow. The
JJ> tag declarations do seem to be a bit verbose in the examples. If a similar
JJ> implementation were to be adopted as part of the JSF core components, I
JJ> could see a tag declaration such as the following being concise enough:

JJ> <h:module id="SimpleExample">
JJ> <f:param name="serverTime" value="#{backingBean.currentTime}"/>
JJ> </h:module>

Yes, I've been in contact with the author of Nicole, Sven Kolpin. I
discovered his talk and project when looking over the program for
Michael Wiedeking's Herbstcampus conference. I also like the idea. As
with many other things in 2.3, if someone on this list wants to champion
the inclusion of this into the 2.3 spec, they'll need to take ownership
of doing so!

Thanks,

Ed